Can dagster return the planned asset and op execut...
# ask-ai
s
Can dagster return the planned asset and op execution graph before executing it?
s
We currently do not have a feature that returns a planned execution graph of assets and ops before execution. However, when you define your assets and their dependencies, Dagster understands the execution graph implicitly. You can visualize this graph using Dagit, our web-based UI for Dagster, which provides a graphical representation of your assets and their dependencies. If you want to programmatically inspect the execution plan, you might consider using the
build_assets_job
function to construct a job from your assets and then inspect the job's structure. This won't give you a full execution plan with runtime details, but it will allow you to see how your assets are connected. For more detailed information about the execution plan, including the order of execution and dependencies, you would typically need to start the execution process, at which point Dagster constructs the execution plan. Dagit then provides a real-time view of this plan as the job progresses. If you need further assistance or have more specific requirements, please let me know, and I'll do my best to help you within the scope of the features we provide.