<@U0667DNC02Y> how can I mix Dynamically partition...
# ask-ai
s
@Scout how can I mix Dynamically partitioned assets with HourlyPartitionsDefinition? Meaning how can I create an HourlyPartitionsDefinition that depends on Dynamically partitioned assets?
s
To create an
HourlyPartitionsDefinition
that depends on dynamically partitioned assets, you can use the
MultiPartitionsDefinition
to define a multi-dimensional partitioning scheme that includes both the hourly and dynamic partitions. This allows you to create dependencies between assets that are partitioned along different dimensions. Here's a step-by-step guide based on the documentation: 1. Define your dynamically partitioned assets using
DynamicPartitionsDefinition
. 2. Define your hourly partitioned asset using
HourlyPartitionsDefinition
. 3. Use
to combine these two partition definitions into a multi-dimensional partitioning scheme. 4. When defining your hourly partitioned asset, you can specify dependencies on the dynamically partitioned assets by including them in the
deps
parameter of the
@asset
decorator. Here is an example code snippet from the documentation that illustrates how to define a multi-dimensional partitioning scheme:
Copy code
python from dagster import asset, MultiPartitionsDefinition, DynamicPartitionsDefinition, DailyPartitionsDefinition  dynamic_partitions_def = DynamicPartitionsDefinition(name="dynamic_partitions") hourly_partitions_def = HourlyPartitionsDefinition(start_date="2022-01-01")  partitions_def = MultiPartitionsDefinition(     {         "time": hourly_partitions_def,         "dynamic": dynamic_partitions_def,     } )  @asset(partitions_def=partitions_def) def my_hourly_asset(context):     # Your asset logic here     pass
In this example,
my_hourly_asset
is defined with a
that includes both hourly and dynamic partitions. This allows
my_hourly_asset
to depend on other assets that are partitioned dynamically. Please note that the exact implementation details may vary based on your specific use case and data dependencies. The documentation provides guidance on how to work with partitioned assets, but you may need to adapt the example to fit your scenario. If you encounter any issues or have further questions, feel free to ask for additional help or clarification.