I am instantiating an `S3PickleIOManager` as such:...
# ask-ai
g
I am instantiating an
S3PickleIOManager
as such:
s3_io_manager = S3PickleIOManager(s3_resource=s3_resource, s3_bucket="orchestration")
But I get this IDE error:
Expected type 'ResourceDependency[S3Resource]', got 'S3Resource' instead
, how to fix that?
s
The error message you're encountering suggests that the
S3PickleIOManager
is expecting a
ResourceDependency
object for the
s3_resource
parameter, but you are providing an instance of
S3Resource
directly. This could be due to a type hint mismatch or an API change that expects a different kind of input. To resolve this issue, you should ensure that you are using the
S3PickleIOManager
correctly according to the documentation. The
S3PickleIOManager
should be configured with an
S3Resource
instance, as shown in the documentation:
Copy code
python from dagster_aws.s3 import S3PickleIOManager, S3Resource  s3_resource = S3Resource() s3_io_manager = S3PickleIOManager(s3_resource=s3_resource, s3_bucket="orchestration")
If you are following the documentation correctly and still encountering this issue, it could be due to a version mismatch or an outdated type hint in your IDE. Make sure that your installed versions of
dagster
dagster-aws
, and any related packages are up to date with the versions that are compatible with the code examples provided in the documentation. If updating the packages does not resolve the issue, you may want to check the type hints in the source code of
S3PickleIOManager
to see if there has been a change in the expected type for the
s3_resource
parameter. If the source code expects a
ResourceDependency
rather than an
S3Resource
instance, you may need to adjust your code accordingly or consult the updated documentation for the correct usage. If you continue to experience difficulties, please provide more context or code snippets, and I can assist you further with debugging the issue.