sensor RunConfig
# ask-ai
a
sensor RunConfig
s
In Dagster, sensors are used to monitor external events and trigger runs based on those events. When defining a sensor, you may want to specify the configuration for the runs it triggers. This is done using the
RunRequest
object, which can include a
run_config
parameter. The
run_config
parameter allows you to provide the configuration that will be used when the sensor triggers a pipeline run. This configuration is a dictionary that specifies the settings for resources, loggers, execution, and more, depending on the needs of your pipeline. Here's an example from the documentation on how you might define a sensor with a `run_config`:
Copy code
python from dagster import sensor, RunRequest  @sensor(job=my_job) def my_sensor(context):     if some_external_condition():         yield RunRequest(             run_key="unique-key-for-this-run",             run_config={                 "solids": {                     "my_solid": {                         "config": {                             "param": "value"                         }                     }                 }             },         )
In this example,
my_sensor
checks for some external condition, and if that condition is met, it yields a
RunRequest
with a unique
run_key
and a
run_config
. The
run_config
is a dictionary that specifies the configuration for the solid
my_solid
within the job
my_job
. Remember that the
run_config
should match the configuration schema expected by the job being triggered. If you have specific questions about configuring a sensor's
run_config
or if you encounter any issues, please feel free to ask for further assistance.