Hi, when using values.yaml for a Helm-k8 postgres ...
# announcements
p
Hi, when using values.yaml for a Helm-k8 postgres implementation, and filling out the values (per a prior post's values.yaml above) , am receiving the below errors for Dagit+Daemon: 1. psycopg2.errors.InvalidSchemaName: no schema has been selected to create in LINE 2: CREATE TABLE secondary_indexes ( --> however there is no option to specify a schema in values.yaml. Also, there doesn't seem to be an option for the Helm values.yaml implementation to specify a connection string instead, where a schema search path could be used 2. Receiving 'dagster.core.errors.DagsterInstanceMigrationRequired: Instance is out of date and must be migrated (Postgres run storage requires migration). Database is at revision None, head is 7cba9eeaaf1d. Please run `dagster instance migrate`'. Does anyone know how these could be fixed? Really appreciate your help, thanks. (Edit: The pods are on crash loop so can't run 'dagster instance migrate')
r
this will run a kubernetes job that will run the migration for you, since the pods are down
for any other Helm/Kubernetes questions, please post on #dagster-kubernetes
p
Excellent, ok will do, thank you
I haven't tried the migration guide, as this is my initial setup
Basically, I suspect it is picking up a single table in the 'public' schema of the database that doesn't fit the expected data model.
but, we don't want to put it in the public schema, and values.yaml doesn't include an option for a schema, or appear to include the option for specifying a PG connection string
therefore, we are unable to push it to where we need to, is this understanding correct? Thanks
Plus- the migrate may destroy our data that's in the public schema.
r
cc @prha should alembic be running into these problems if tables are created in a db with existing tables?
p
(hoping to specify schema)
thanks
p
I see… I think we’ll have to change our helm chart to alternatively take in a connection string as a value
p
prha, that would be super helpful. The reason for this is that for example, with the connection string, it allows us to do 2 things : 1. Add ssl-verify=full 2. Add a custom schema search-path to the string ?options=--search_path%3d<my-schema>