Hi all - I have (yet another) probably dumb questi...
# announcements
b
Hi all - I have (yet another) probably dumb question I am trying to setup dagster+dagit with docker-compose in a similar way to the example here: https://github.com/dagster-io/dagster/tree/0.11.4/examples/deploy_docker I have 3 services running in docker-compose: • dagster api grpc (pipelines) • dagit • dagster-daemon However, when I view the schedules in the dagit UI, I am greeted with a warning
The scheduler daemon is not running.
See the dagster-daemon documentation for more information on how to deploy the dagster-daemon process.
What configuration do I need to do to connect dagit, the daemon, and the api?
d
Hi Ben - if you click on the Status tab in the left nav, what does it say next to Scheduler?
(under Daemon statuses)
b
All “Not running _No recent heartbeat_”
(that is Sensors and Backfill, too)
d
but your dagster-daemon service is up and running? anything jump out from the container logs?
b
Not afaict - docker daemon container appears to be up and running okay, and regularly logging
For e.g.
Copy code
docker_daemon       | 2021-04-12 18:41:26 - BackfillDaemon - INFO - No backfill jobs requested.
docker_daemon       | 2021-04-12 18:41:26 - SchedulerDaemon - INFO - Not checking for any runs since no schedules have been started.
docker_daemon       | 2021-04-12 18:41:27 - SensorDaemon - INFO - Not checking for any runs since no sensors have been started.
d
huh. Have you made any changes to the dagster.yaml file from the example?
b
Could it be an issue with the schedule storage not being shared across containers?
d
it would be the run storage (confusingly), but yeah, if the run storage was using sqlite or something and it wasn't shared, that would cause these symptoms
b
Yep - I made a few modifications to the dagster.yml to try and fit my use-case
Seems likely I’ve made a mistake there
I’ll dig in a bit more into the run storage, then
d
got it, yeah i'd dig into those. The most likely issue is that dagit and the daemon aren't talking to the same run storage
b
Thank you for your help, @daniel!
dagstir 1
Yep - they were pointed at different postgres databases 🤦‍♂️. Probably a sign I should stop for today. Thanks again