Hi, I have probably a very silly question related ...
# announcements
d
Hi, I have probably a very silly question related to sensors. I can run my pipeline with a preset config using this command dagster pipeline execute -f pipeline_script.py --preset default I have a sensor (a copy of my_s3_sensor from dagster examples) to monitor files in the bucket. How do I set parameters for my run_config in the sensor to call this pipeline ( say example_pipeline). In the dagster examples, the run_config parameter includes solids. I am a bit confused here as I only need to run my pipeline , since all the solid dependencies are defined there. Also, it says Expected: "['execution', 'intermediate_storage', 'loggers', 'resources', 'solids', 'storage']." for config entries. Thanks in advance!
a
you can reference your presets
run_config
from the sensor when you return the
RunRequest
this example should be sort of  relevant https://docs.dagster.io/concepts/partitions-schedules-sensors/schedules#using-a-preset-in-a-schedule-definition
the ergonomics here are a bit awkward and something we are working towards improving
d
Thank you @alex, I will give it a try
Hi @alex another question, I am not using a run_config as such from my preset, I am using a yaml file via this option config_files=["resources.yaml"]. Is there a way to utilize this in RunRequest instead?
a
ya so you are using that to create a
PresetDefinition
right? The idea here is to be able to reference that
PresetDefinition
instance from your run request. If you are defining the object directly on your pipeline you’ll have to move it so you can reference it from both places
d
This is what it looks like
default = ModeDefinition(
name="default",
resource_defs={"s3": s3_resource_for_profile, "redshift": redshift_resource})
#main pipeline
@pipeline(mode_defs=[default],
preset_defs =[
PresetDefinition.from_files(
name="default",
mode="default",
config_files=["resources.yaml"]
)
]
)
def example_pipeline():
a