Hello! My dagster daemon (version 0.11.2) apparen...
# announcements
d
Hello! My dagster daemon (version 0.11.2) apparently complains if I move my repository definition file to a different location (I simply just moved it into a "repositories" folder a level above my workspace.yaml file) even though I've updated my workspace.yaml to reflect the new location. In other words, my workspace.yaml went from:
load_from:
- python_file:
relative_path: sc_repositories.py
executable_path: /path_to_my/python
to:
load_from:
- python_file:
relative_path: repositories/sc_repositories.py
executable_path: /path_to_my/python
I get an error that it can't find
sc_repositories.py
file because it is looking for it in the original location. So I am baffled by this since in my workspace.yaml file, I told it that it is now in the repositories folder as indicated above. Not knowing what to do after looking at the documentation, I then deleted the tables in the Postgres database. Then after executing
dagster-daemon run
again, I no longer get the error message. So apparently the location of my repository is being hard-coded/saved or persisted in the Postgres backend, is that right? I looked at the documentation for dagster daemon, but didn't find any mention about this.
d
Hi Daniel - somewhat confusingly, the daemon doesn’t use your workspace.yaml file (you can start and stop schedules even if you don't have a workspace.yaml file) - instead as you guessed it saves a pointer to the repository location when you start the schedule. So if you move things around in such a way that the repository location isn't in the same place, you need to stop and restart any running schedules or sensors (you can do this in dagit). @Dagster Bot docs more clearly document how the daemon loads repository locations
d
d
Thanks for quick reply!