Hi there! Is there a way to reset the sensor to re...
# announcements
j
Hi there! Is there a way to reset the sensor to rerun all runs? I tried deleting all the runs on the dagit UI and now the sensor is no longer running at all for some reason.
d
Hi Jonathan - are you using the last_run_key attribute on the sensor context? I'd expect deleting runs to allow runs with a given run key to run again, but I would not expect it to reset last_run_key (that is probably something we should offer as well).
j
No, I'm not. Should I be? I've also just noticed this weird warning when I run the sensor. Should I be worried? For context, I'm using Selenium to inspect if a website has uploaded a new pdf file and executing a run that downloads it.
d
Hmm, I would have expected deleting the runs to allow a new run with that run key to fire. When you say the sensor is no longer running at all - does it show any useful information on the page for that sensor in dagit? there should be a timeline that gives some history on what's being fired by the sensor
That warning indicates some kind of memory leak in gRPC - we'll investigate but it's most likely unrelated.
j
Not really, it just shows Skipped and doesn't show when the next tick is. I noticed the same thing happens if I define a new sensor (change the name essentially) Did notice the daemon crashes usually after initial run.
d
That crash is surprising - What version of dagster is this?
j
d
Do you know if a long period of time happens between that last line before the crash and the crash? That exception is only supposed to fire if the thread dies or has been hanging for a couple minutes
j
I've updated to 0.10.7 I think it might be working now. In response to your last message, I think it's possible but not sure.
d
Yeah, @prha just pointed out to me as well that this will likely be fixed with an update. We added a fix in 0.10.6 that makes the daemon heartbeat more often. Sorry for the trouble!
j
No worries at all! Thank you so much for helping me diagnose the problem! 😊
Hmm I still seem to be getting the same issue where if I turn off a sensor and turn it on the next day, it just never runs again. No next tick shows up on dagit either.