Hello everyone, I just started trying out Dagster ...
# announcements
s
Hello everyone, I just started trying out Dagster 2 weeks ago and very happy how I can present the data flow logic to non-technical executives with dagit! is there a workaround to get schedule and/or sensor working on Windows laptop? or better just to get a linux server or container?
🙌 2
a
the new daemon based scheduler should work fine on windows
it was our previous cron based scheduler that didnt work on windows
s
aha. Then I am sorry for this spam. I will try again tomorrow. It skipped the scheduled runs. I will go tomorrow again carefully through the example.
a
no worries, let us know if you still hit issues certainly could be some bugs at play. especially on windows
d
np! If it's still not working, feel free to post your schedule code and we'd be happy to take a look. Shot in the dark: the most common reason I've seen so far for a run being skipped unexpectedly has been because the start_date parameter was set too late (for a daily schedule, it needs to be at least one day earlier than the day you want the schedule to execute)
s
@daniel you probably just guessed it! Thank you very much!
it worked out perfectly just following the documentation on Non-partition-based schedules. Now I could test it and all worked even though I have to be on Windows at work. Thank you again!
condagster 1
I will implement great expectations checks and sensors next. Already now dagster-daemon and dagit is running on my laptop (for now) at all times 👍😀
Sensors work beautifully (win10 local)
d
nice!