Hello, do any of you guys happen to know the poten...
# announcements
b
Hello, do any of you guys happen to know the potential cause of the error below. I'm running some dbt models via dagster_dbt, and it says that all of them are passing (and in my DB everything appears to be correct post-running) however I'm getting this error. The error also appears to not be super deterministic as it references a different table each time I run it:
Copy code
dagster.check.CheckError: node not present in dictionary {'status': 'success', 'timing': [{'name': 'compile', 'started_at': '2021-02-22T20:19:51.445649Z', 'completed_at': '2021-02-22T20:19:51.606730Z'}, {'name': 'execute', 'started_at': '2021-02-22T20:19:51.675891Z', 'completed_at': '2021-02-22T20:19:55.108534Z'}], 'thread_id': 'Thread-4', 'execution_time': 4.140827655792236, 'message': 'SUCCESS 1', 'adapter_response': {'code': 'SUCCESS', 'rows_affected': 1}, 'unique_id': 'model.<MY PROFILE>.<TABLE NAME>'}
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster/core/errors.py", line 182, in user_code_error_boundary
    yield
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster/utils/__init__.py", line 355, in iterate_with_context
    next_output = next(iterator)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster/core/execution/plan/compute.py", line 104, in execute_core_compute
    for step_output in _yield_compute_results(compute_context, inputs, compute_fn):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster/core/execution/plan/compute.py", line 70, in _yield_compute_results
    for event in user_event_sequence:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster/core/definitions/decorators/solid.py", line 230, in compute
    yield from result
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster_dbt/cli/solids.py", line 195, in dbt_cli_run
    cli_output = DbtCliOutput.from_dict(cli_output_dict)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster_dbt/cli/types.py", line 83, in from_dict
    result=DbtResult.from_dict(d),
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster_dbt/types.py", line 169, in from_dict
    results = [NodeResult.from_dict(d) for d in check.is_list(d["results"], of_type=Dict)]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster_dbt/types.py", line 169, in <listcomp>
    results = [NodeResult.from_dict(d) for d in check.is_list(d["results"], of_type=Dict)]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster_dbt/types.py", line 102, in from_dict
    node = check.dict_elem(d, "node")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster/check/__init__.py", line 784, in dict_elem
    CheckError("{key} not present in dictionary {ddict}".format(key=key, ddict=ddict))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 446, in raise_with_traceback
    raise exc.with_traceback(traceback)
Thanks so much for any insights!
o
cc @bob but I believe this is due to a change in one the 0.19.0 release of DBT. If you upgrade to the newest version of Dagster, a fix for this issue is included (or you could downgrade your DBT version).
👍 2
a
b
Awesome upgraded to 0.10.6 and that resolved it. Thanks so much!