Testing multiple models inside a workflow Hello, i...
# announcements
t
Testing multiple models inside a workflow Hello, i wonder if dagster fit my needs for this use case. I have a workflow with multiple models A->B->C etc. Of course we have to test multiple model B and C (for exemple) and the final results is the most important. Having the best B model does not lead at any case the best results since it's a coupling of everymodel. Do you think dagster is made for this ? If yes, can I have a running workflow and update it to replace / add a branch to it ? I have a new B model which update everything downstream. Those question can be solved by let's say Jenkins but I wonder which "orchestrator" will be the most efficient
s
Hey @Thomas - when you say "model", are you talking about ML models? When you say "test", are you talking about testing like in unit testing, or trying different versions out in a data science setting to determine which gives better performance? In either case, Dagster could be a good fit. If this works in Jenkins, it would likely work in Dagster as well.
t
Thanks for your questions Models will be mainly ML models and test will be for performance of the global process. Do you have in exemple or solething similarité to it ? What I think I will look at is to trigger action when one step is changing (a model is updated via a webhook for ex). Add a Split in the middle of the workflow to test in parallel another branch with the same input against the same outputs
s
I don't think we have examples for this directly, but the guide we have on constructing pipelines out of solids might be helpful - https://docs.dagster.io/tutorial/basics_solids
t
I started with this. But didnt see how to restart only what I need or trigger event. I will look deeper :)