Hello everyone, I can’t seem to find any documenta...
# announcements
a
Hello everyone, I can’t seem to find any documentation on this, so I am wondering if any of you know whether it is possible to specify the
run_id
in advance of executing a pipeline run launch?
a
How are you doing the launch (dagit ui, graphql api, cli, …) ? I believe this is theoretically possible but the run_id argument may not be threaded everywhere correctly. This is a use case that doesn’t get much attention. Out of curiosity, why are you manually setting run id?
a
Hi Alex, we execute a pipeline launch by way of a scheduled image run. The pipeline runner grabs a task from a queue which already has an id. I’d love to be able to use this id as the run_id for the pipeline, because all of the logging calls will line up between the task id and the pipeline logging. It would be nice to not have to track a pipeline run id against a task id.
The literal execution of the pipeline is with
execute_launch_command
a
Ok cool, thanks for the context. That makes a lot of sense.
a
For sure, let me know if I can provide any more details, if that would be helpful
a
https://dagster.phacility.com/D5910 should go out Thursday in
👍 1
💯 1
a
Wow, thanks alex!!
s
This maybe doesn't get you all the way there, but something you could do that might be helpful is set the task_id as a run tag on your sun
a
@sandy Thanks for the possible approach, I hadn't thought of that!