Has anyone here worked with running Singer taps/ta...
# announcements
t
Has anyone here worked with running Singer taps/targets via Dagster? I'm wondering if it's worth trying to contribute support for Dagster as an executor to the Meltano project, or if I should skip on it and just write a plugin for Dagster to handle it directly.
s
i believe @dwall has done this
d
we originally were going to run singer taps via Dagster, but ultimately ended up taking a similar but slightly different path. We instead send data directly to the Stitch Import API via Dagster now
looks like this in practice:
t
m
I'm also interested in getting Singer to work with Dagster because of all the existing sources and destinations. @dwall I'm curious why you ended up using Stitch's api instead, maybe to save time?
t
FYI that I'm going to be working on extracting the core of Meltano as a library so that it can be wrapped in a native Dagster plugin. https://gitlab.com/meltano/meltano/-/issues/2459
👀 1
👍 1
d
@Michiel Ghyselinck yeah, it was just mostly redundant with what we were already doing. We were already using the
stitch-target
singer target for 99% of our use cases, which ultimately is just an abstraction of the stitch import api. We just decided to skip the middleman
👍 1