Hey, I'm trying to set up Dagster with `CeleryK8sR...
# announcements
s
Hey, I'm trying to set up Dagster with 
CeleryK8sRunLauncher
 and 
celery-k8s
 executor. Using s3 as storage. To give jobs access to S3 buckets I used
dagster-k8s/config
tag and annotate the pods with the right role. When I'm running the pipeline:
Copy code
An exception was thrown during execution that is likely a framework error, rather than an error in user code.
botocore.exceptions.ClientError: An error occurred (403) when calling the HeadBucket operation: Forbidden
The only pod which doens't have the role annotation is
CeleryK8sRunLauncher.
I'm wondering is this error coming from that and if yes how can I annotate it?
j
@nate how do we attach roles to dagit pods?
Hi @szalai1, you could apply the same annotations to the run coordinator pod using a pipeline tag. Let me know if that resolves this
These tags are getting messy though, we should allow setting defaults here or something like that. If you’d like to make a GH issue that’d be great
s
hey, i'm passing this as
tags
to my pipeline:
Copy code
annotations = {
        'dagster-k8s/config': {
            'pod_template_spec_metadata': {
                'annotations': {
                    "<http://iam.amazonaws.com/role:|iam.amazonaws.com/role:>": "arn:aws:iam::xxxxxxxxx:role/ETLEKSPodRole"
                }
            }
        },
}
and getting the error below, which is odd because this should be a valid annotation. based on : https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/overview/working-with-objects/annotations/#syntax-and-character-set
j
Hmm strange, that does seem like the correct tag. @sashank what’s the best way to see the generated yaml config that’s failing here?
s
you can run
k describe pod/podname
or
k describe job/jobname
j
I this case I don’t think the job would have been created
s
Ah I see
s
there was an extra
:
in the annotation name, the error message was correct. sorry for noise. 🤦
s
All good - we should definitely give you a better way to debug the generated yaml. We’ll make sure to add a util function that helps you do that
🙌 1
s
thank you very much, I hope I can make this work