https://dagster.io/ logo
#announcements
Title
# announcements
m

Milos Tomic

04/09/2020, 10:06 AM
Is it possible to load data into redshift and data is output of an notebook solid? Thanks!
n

nate

04/09/2020, 2:45 PM
hey @Milos Tomic definitely, I would suggest you have your notebook save the data to S3 somewhere as parquet or similar, and then you can use the
dagster_aws
redshift resource to run a redshift COPY command in a downstream solid
m

Milos Tomic

04/09/2020, 2:56 PM
will try, thanks a lot!
n

nate

04/09/2020, 3:01 PM
of course!
m

Milos Tomic

04/09/2020, 3:42 PM
Is it possible to run jupyter notebook interactively inside dagit? for example fill it in with data from previous solids and then play around with it inside notebook? We want to build ETL process that looks like this, load data, play with the data in the notebook and commit later.
n

nate

04/09/2020, 3:58 PM
@max can share more, but have you already looked at dagstermill?
m

Milos Tomic

04/10/2020, 10:21 AM
yeah, sorry, figured it out. Can you help me out on yielding result from notebook not working. Do you have some example where I can see how is data yielded from notebook. I tried really simple but got
dagster.core.errors.DagsterStepOutputNotFoundError: Core compute for solid "dummy" did not return an output for non-optional output "result"
hey Nate, I have a lot of questions but can't find answer in documentation, but don't like bashing you like this, Is there anyone I can have chat with. I'm starting to use Dagster extensively and I'll probably have a load of questions while developing.
n

nate

04/10/2020, 3:17 PM
Sure thing, I just DMed you!