Hello guys! I started using Dagit in my project re...
# announcements
n
Hello guys! I started using Dagit in my project recently so have some questions about. I hope you will help me. So, I have the same error as Cam:
alembic.util.exc.CommandError: Path doesn't exist: '/home/newander/PycharmProjects/etl-backend/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/core/storage/runs/sqlite/alembic/'.  Please use the 'init' command to create a new scripts folder.
As I may see, this error was occurred by the next causes: I want to use postgresql as storage and add it to `repository.yaml`:
Copy code
storage:
  run_storage:
    module: dagster_postgres.run_storage
    class: PostgresRunStorage
    config:
      postgres_url: "<postgresql://postgres:123>@localhost:5432/etl_backend"

event_log_storage:
    module: dagster_postgres.event_log
    class: PostgresEventLogStorage
    config:
      postgres_url: "<postgresql://postgres:123>@localhost:5432/etl_backend"
But when I tried to start with
dagster schedule up -y repository.yaml
I received the error above. I think this error is about the
dagster/cli/schedule.py:157
code line where don't specified
config.yaml
and using default where specified SQL database. So, can you help me with it? (I can write pull request to fix CLI schedule up command but it will be too long) Aaand the next question: what settings I need to add into yaml to specify script/version directory for Alembic?
Particularly the problem was with Python version -- I used 3.8
c
@Newander near there end of our my discussion with @max we resolved the issue. See here: https://app.slack.com/client/TCDGQDUKF/CCCR6P2UR/thread/CCCR6P2UR-1578999971.075400 Another release was cut and I was able to successfully use Dagster & Dagit from the latest on pip
👍 2
m
apologies!
c
@max Thanks for getting in the fix so quickly
🔧 1
m
@Newander tl;dr, packaging was broken for 0.6.7, and this is resolved in 0.6.7.post0 -- if you
pip install -U
you should be good to go