Hi Team. What happens on the 15 second polling on ...
# random
k
Hi Team. What happens on the 15 second polling on Dagit UI ? Only UI is refreshed or whole python code to generate repository and workspace is re-run to get latest definitions ?
m
Pretty sure it's just a database poll to check for news runs etc
❤️ 1
a
+1. I think it only does the DB poll. AFAIK, the only other lever that dagster provides to recreate the repository is the shutdown_repository graphQL API which shuts down the user code container. If you are running dagster on k8s, it will automatically bring up the repository again with the latest definitions.
❤️ 1
k
@mrdavidlaing @Arun Kumar That is good to know. Thank you 🙂 One thing I would like to know is if everything that is possible with GraphQL mutations, possible with pure dagster code ? Like for example, running a pipeline from a separate python file outside dagster code but somehow able to communicate to server to perform some action like running shutdown mutation but without graphQL ?
m
I haven't tried it; by I'd imagine that you can do everything you need using the Python GraphQL client - https://docs.dagster.io/_apidocs/libraries/dagster-graphql#python-client