Hi all :wave:, I am trying out a following approa...
# deployment-kubernetes
s
Hi all 👋, I am trying out a following approach for installing dagster, I have two namespaces: - dagster-infra - dagster-user I installed dagster daemon & dagster in the
dagster-infra
namespace and I installed user deployment & configured job namespace in the
dagster-user
namespace. Along with this, I populated Postgresql credentials secret in both the namespace as required. my pipeline example reads environment variable which comes from the secret. for example name of k8s secret my pipeline example needs is
topsecret
which is present in the
dagster-user
namespace & also updated in dagster-instance configmap as
env_secrets
in the dagster-user namespace itself. now with this setup ideally my job pod should get the secret injected but it is not. though it works when I update the dagster-instance configmap from the
dagster-infra
namespace which is consumed by daemon with the same
env_secrets
after doing that I've noticed these secrets gets appended into user deployments as well as jobs. based on this, I've the following questions: • Why does the daemon need to know about secrets? • Why does user deployment gets the secrets injected? • is there any other way to tell daemon that my pipeline needs the given secret?
started an github discussion on similar note: https://github.com/dagster-io/dagster/discussions/4548