I see where <@U015C9U9RLK> <discussed> that dagste...
# deployment-kubernetes
e
I see where @johann discussed that dagster doesn’t not support volume mounts in a job container and suggested we use env vars instead. I have a json file of configuration values that is too large to fit into an env var. mounting a ConfigMap for it would be perfect. Is there any workaround (sorry if I’m being redundant, but I very much want to avoid maintaining two copies of our configuration json file: the full version and an abbreviated one specifically for dagster).
j
Hi @Elizabeth - thanks for sharing your use case. This is on my radar and should be available in next week’s release
e
wow, that’s fabulous!!! Just so I can manage expectations, will that be release 0.11.13 (a minor release ?)
j
0.11.13 will actually release tomorrow, next week will be 0.11.14. And yes, a minor release
e
Great! that’s very exciting, thank you for the clarification (and adding this feature!!)
a
@johann any news on this front? I work with @Elizabeth and couldn't find anything about this capability in the 0.11.14 release notes nor anything in the docs.
Unless I misunderstood the docs, that is not done using the
instance_config_map
argument provided to
K8sRunLauncher
(docs), as that existed well before 0.11.14.
j
Hi @assaf - Unfortunately that slipped off my radar for 0.11.14, but it went out in 0.12.7.
celebrate 1
a
Thanks, @johann!