It should be possible for Dagster DBT assets to pr...
# dagster-feedback
g
It should be possible for Dagster DBT assets to programatically link through to their corresponding DBT docs if the developer / data engineer just specified where they were hosted. Is that already possible?
🤖 1
o
hi @George Pearse! this should be a fairly straightforward change. would an interface that had you input the docs host when you were configuring your dbt_cli_resource work for you? something like:
Copy code
dbt_cli_resource.configured({..., "dbt_docs_host": "<http://my.dbt.docs.com|my.dbt.docs.com>"})
g
Yep, that'd be perfect
@owen I keep getting into positions where I want to programatically add some bit of documentation to every asset, now it's GIT_BRANCH, GIT_COMMIT and link to DBT docs, but I'm sure there'll be more, how could I go about this?
o
hi! the dbt docs url thing was sensible to add to the dbt config (as we already supported that info for the dbt cloud case), but for arbitrary other info there's a
runtime_metadata_fn
parameter to the load_assets_from_dbt_project function, which allows you to add additional info for each output. Its parameters are the
context
for the underlying op as well as a dictionary of dbt node info for that particular node
(btw the docs config thing will be in today's release 🙂)
❤️ 1
g
@owen would also be nice if dagster could be configured to host the DBT docs, eg. <dagster-website>/dbt-docs or similar . Possibly / probably asking too much here.