Is there a way to view rendered / executed noteboo...
# dagster-feedback
g
Is there a way to view rendered / executed notebooks via the UI? I can see notebook code pre-execution in the solid definition which is great, but I thought you could also view graphs / tables once created via the UI? Notebooks are being executed successfully and stored in my local filesystem for the time being.
👀 1
s
We currently don’t have this capability but it’s an interesting idea for sure.
g
I could put a solid after the notebook executor that converts it to some standalone immutable format (markdown / pdf), another to send that file to S3 and then there must be a simple enough way to generate an S3 link in the Asset materialisation process (or similar) for download? Just trying to sort out some form of low overhead auto-reporting system.
y
Hi @George Pearse! Here’s a tracking issue for adding a preview for output notebooks in dagit https://github.com/dagster-io/dagster/issues/1469 Feel free to leave your use cases / suggestions / feedback on the issue.
❤️ 1
g
I think this image in the MapBox blog post made me think it was already possible, and I think I've had a similar view when I've viewed a solid in the playground which is a Jupyter notebook that I've already executed. Great blog/work @dwall, that sort of pipeline design takes creativity as much as tech savviness.
🙇 1