Error messages. I'm getting this error but none of...
# ask-community
a
Error messages. I'm getting this error but none of it is very helpful. Where is this location? What does the Path refer to? What is OpsRootQuery`?
Copy code
Operation name: OpsRootQuery

Path: ["repositoryOrError","usedSolids",7,"definition","outputDefinitions",0,"type"]

Locations: [{"line":31,"column":5}]
c
Hey Alexander - what's the context where you're getting this error? It's definitely a rough one
a
i stack trace is also not much more informative, but looks like a type error of some kind. but where in my code is a mystery
Copy code
An error occurred while resolving field OutputDefinition.type
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/graphql/execution/executor.py", line 452, in resolve_or_error
return executor.execute(resolve_fn, source, info, **args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/graphql/execution/executors/sync.py", line 16, in execute
return fn(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/dagster_graphql/schema/solids.py", line 91, in resolve_type
return to_dagster_type(
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/dagster_graphql/schema/dagster_types.py", line 36, in to_dagster_type
pipeline_snapshot.dagster_type_namespace_snapshot.get_dagster_type_snap(dagster_type_key)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/dagster/core/snap/dagster_types.py", line 55, in get_dagster_type_snap
return self.all_dagster_type_snaps_by_key[key]
KeyError: 'TypedPythonDict.String.String'
c
what are you actually doing when this is happening? Is this just on loading dagit?
a
actually, thats in Dagit. The error seems to be in the user code which is running as a grpc continer
still, confusing error message
thanks for the help anyway
c
yea that's definitely rough - what was the user code error? It looks like something slipped through the cracks in the graphql endpoint that ended up causing additional nonsense to occur
a
actual error is
AttributeError: 'SensorEvaluationContext' object has no attribute 'log'
the new code is a sensor i'm trying to write so i guess all the bugs are in there as I haven't figure out how to debug an SQS queue sensor locally
c
that is super weird
i almost wonder if they're unrelated
a
I guess the error could be from something unrelated but that is the only obvious thing i can see right now
c
I see. well, glad you got it working. Will be keeping an eye out for related stuff in the future
👍 1
a
haven't fixed it yet, but will
ummm, how does one log in a sensor?
c
oh wait - i totally missed what you were trying to do. That isn't supported yet 😅 😅 😅
https://github.com/dagster-io/dagster/issues/4292 one of our top upvoted issues, and something that is on the roadmap
a
aH! I just assumed the sensor context would have the same log method as the Op context. my bad
c
it's an understandable mistake
a
i fixed that error and the Dagit error persists :?
c
yea I'm wondering if there's something wrong here with snapshots / communication between user code and dagit
what's your setup look like? Are you running different versions of dagster in user code and the webserver?