Hi, Is there a way to connect other assets with as...
# ask-community
b
Hi, Is there a way to connect other assets with assets discovered from DBT ? I want to link my assets discovered from Meltano EL to the assets that have been being processed/transformed via DBT. I have custom code to parse the
meltano.yml
configuration file and convert the “EL” tables into assets and I have another set of Assets discovered by DBT utils in
dagster-dbt
library. I want to generate data lineage graphs between Meltano SDAs and DBT SDAs
c
cc @sandy
s
hey Binoy - do you have sources defined in dbt that correspond to the tables that are being created via Meltano? if so, that lineage should happen automatically
if the asset keys aren't lining up, you can use the
node_info_to_asset_key
or
source_key_prefix
argument of
load_assets_from_dbt_project
/
load_assets_from_dbt_manifest
to make it so they do
b
Sources are defined, but I think their keys are not lining up.. let me check on the keys alignment, if not I would have to “force feed” the key names like you say in
node_info_to_asset_key
or
source_key_prefix
If I am able to match the asset keys via
prefix
or
node_info
will the materialization of the assets also happen in order of their precedence ? ie Clicking
Materialize All
should first materialize the Meltano Assets and then Materialize the DBT assets.. Right now the Asset Graph https://docs.dagster.io/tutorial/assets/asset-graph shows directly injecting a
@asset
into another
@asset
to build graph, but Dagster Utils Helper methods a.k.a
load_assets_from_dbt_project
do not provision any parameters to link other assets to form a lineage
s
If I am able to match the asset keys via
prefix
or
node_info
will the materialization of the assets also happen in order of their precedence?
Yes, it will