:facepalm: This is getting maddening now: dagster...
# ask-community
b
facepalm This is getting maddening now: dagster/dagit running 1.0.4, user code deployment running 1.0.4 and yet:
Copy code
TypeError: asset() got an unexpected keyword argument 'output_required'
j
hey @Ben Gatewood do you have a code snippet you can share and the steps you are taking that result in the error?
output_required
is a new argument on
asset
but i'm having trouble reproducing the error in my own setup
b
Hey Jamie thanks. Yes of course - asset is defined like:
Copy code
@asset(
    group_name="nfl_sr",
    partitions_def=StaticPartitionsDefinition(partition_keys=YEARS),
    output_required=False
)
def sr_yearly_schedule(context):
Not actually sure of the easiest way to capture running version from the user code repo?
j
ok - and the error is happening when you try to materialize the asset? can you tell me a bit more about your dagster/dagit setup? are you just running dagit locally (ie
dagit -w workspace.yaml
) or with a docker, k8s etc?
b
Yeah it's in k8s. I use the helm charts with separate user code repos
It actually threw the error when I reloaded that particular repo after deploying the new code
j
ok, probably a serialization issue somewhere. the error at reload time would support that. i'll start taking a look and see if i can get a fix up for the release this week
b
Amazing thanks! 🙌
(just double-checked and it occurs in k8s but not in a local standalone instance so looks like you're right)
j
another thing that would be helpful for debug is the full stack trace if you have access
b
yup give me 5 mins
Copy code
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/dagster", line 8, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/cli/__init__.py", line 50, in main
    cli(auto_envvar_prefix=ENV_PREFIX)  # pylint:disable=E1123
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1128, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1053, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1659, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1659, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1395, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 754, in invoke
    return __callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/cli/api.py", line 613, in grpc_command
    server = DagsterGrpcServer(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/grpc/server.py", line 846, in __init__
    self._api_servicer = DagsterApiServer(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/grpc/server.py", line 224, in __init__
    self._loaded_repositories = LoadedRepositories(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/grpc/server.py", line 98, in __init__
    loadable_targets = get_loadable_targets(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/grpc/utils.py", line 33, in get_loadable_targets
    else loadable_targets_from_python_file(python_file, working_directory)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/core/workspace/autodiscovery.py", line 26, in loadable_targets_from_python_file
    loaded_module = load_python_file(python_file, working_directory)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/core/code_pointer.py", line 86, in load_python_file
    return import_module_from_path(module_name, python_file)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dagster/seven/__init__.py", line 51, in import_module_from_path
    spec.loader.exec_module(module)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 843, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/opt/dagster/app/nfl_repo.py", line 3, in <module>
    import assets
  File "/opt/dagster/app/assets.py", line 127, in <module>
    @asset(
TypeError: asset() got an unexpected keyword argument 'output_required'
j
just wanted to do a quick check-in on this. I've been unable to replicate in a k8s cluster i'm running that has 1.0.4 for dagit, user code, and daemon. just as a sanity check, do you mind execing into the
dagit
daemon
and
user code
pods in your k8s cluster and running
dagster --version
? i just want to triple check that your deployment is all on the same version to help narrow down where the issue could be
b
Absolutely - sorry I got caught up on other stuff but will have a look this morning
argh ok forget this - I discovered a rogue CI pipeline that was still building on 0.15.7. Sorry for the noise!
j
no worries, glad it's sorted out!