Hi all! Question about Dagit behavior: I have dbt ...
# ask-community
k
Hi all! Question about Dagit behavior: I have dbt assets loaded and correctly shown in Dagit. In v0.15.4, when I choose any asset on the lineage graph and click "Materialize", a run automatically starts right away that materializes only the asset I selected. In >=v0.15.5, when I choose any asset on the lineage graph and click "Materialize", I get a "Launchpad (configure assets)" screen with empty configuration (screenshot attached). When I click "Materialize" in that screen, Dagit runs a job that materializes ALL assets in the dbt project. This doesn't look right to me, as a user I expect the Materialize button to materialize a single asset like it does in v.0.15.4. Is this a bug? If not, is there a way to make Materialize button behave like in v0.15.4? P.S. When I hover over the Materialize button, it says "Shift+click to add configuration", but doing shift+click on a button doesn't produce any different behavior from a normal click, just shows the same screen as when I click on the button without Shift pressed.
d
@jamie fyi
p
Thanks man, I've spent two hours trying to understand, why I cannot build specific dbt asset in v0.15.7. v0.15.4 works well
j
Hi everyone, this seems like a bug to me. I'll raise it with the team
🙏 3
p
Thank you @jamie, it works in dagster-dbt v0.16.1. But now we have another issue. When I run backfill on particular asset ,dagster runs the whole dbt project:
Copy code
Executing command: dbt --warn-error --no-use-color --log-format json run --project-dir /Users/pavelroslovets/Projects/data-lake-architecture --profiles-dir /Users/pavelroslovets/.dbt --select * --vars {"date": "2022-08-07"}
Could you take a look please?
I’m trying to backfill only one dbt asset and dagit understands it. But this selection is translating into
dbt run -- select *
due to bug
j
cc @owen
o
hi @Pavel Roslovets! Thanks for the report. I looked into this, and this behavior is a bug, filed an issue here: https://github.com/dagster-io/dagster/issues/9287, and we're looking into a fix
❤️ 1