Dagster 0.15.6 recently fixed the partition handli...
# ask-community
g
Dagster 0.15.6 recently fixed the partition handling for assets - dagit now shows the partition selector when clicking the button to materialize some assets. I think there is a bug though:
WeeklyPartitionsDefinition(start_date=START_DATE, day_offset=2)
a shifted (weekly) partition definition which would schedule a job every Tuesday cannot be selected: 1) the launchpad correctly selects the Tuesdays 2) but the Partition selector from the Materialize all (assets) button only accepts something else and does not find the dates. For example when selecting 2021-12-14 I am greeted with: "Exception calling application: Could not find a partition with key `2022-07-10`" debug_error_string = "{"created":"@1658410300.658988000","description":"Error received from peer unix:/var/folders/cx/tptc40fs3492df12b62dx_kr0000gn/T/tmp_by3evlp","file":"src/core/lib/surface/call.cc","file_line":967,"grpc_message":"Exception calling application: Could not find a partition with key `2022-07-10`","grpc_status":2}" when instead using the launchpad everything works fine.
s
hey @geoHeil - any chance you have a code snippet I'd be able to use to reproduce this?
g
It should simply be a dummy sensor with the weekly partition and day shift
s
I was able to reproduce this - sorry for the delay. Here's the fix: https://github.com/dagster-io/dagster/pull/9069. I'm going to try to get it into tomorrow's release
❤️ 1
🌈 1