I'm having some trouble finding dagster cloud docs...
# ask-community
m
I'm having some trouble finding dagster cloud docs. ā€¢ Every time I need something from docs.dagster.cloud it takes me a while to find it. It would be great to add a link from one or both of (a) the main Dagster docs and (b) dagster cloud deployments, maybe as a [?] button up by the logged-in user's profile picture. (Googling "Dagster Cloud" or "Dagster Cloud docs" gets me to dagster.io/cloud, and then I did find the "Docs" link at the bottom of that page. Entering "dagster cloud" into the search box from https://docs.dagster.io/getting-started surfaces one GitHub issue but doesn't show any dagster-cloud resources.) ā€¢ How do you install the
dagster-cloud
CLI? I found https://docs.dagster.cloud/guides/dagster-cloud-cli referring to using it, but I can't find the installation instructions. I'm almost certain I've done it before, but it's not on my
PATH
now and I am having trouble figuring out which package it's from or where it should be installed.
d
Hey Mark - for the second question, I'd expect 'pip install dagster-cloud' to work
For the first, this is great feedback as we're actually in the process right now of integrating the two different docs experiences more. cc @erin
šŸŽ‰ 1
e
Thanks for the detailed feedback @Mark! We're planning to release the integrated experience in the next couple of weeks, which should make Cloud docs easier to find and navigate.
m
Thanks!
dagster-cloud==0.15.0
is installed, but I still don't see it in my
PATH
. I do see
dagit
dagster
dagster-daemon
, and
dagster-graphql
from my virtualenv
python-3.9.5/bin/
Awesome, looking forward to it!
If I make a fresh virtual environment and install
dagster-cloud
at either 0.15.6 or 0.15.0 it shows up fine, so looks like it's something off with my current env, I'll look into that. Edit: uninstalling
dagster-cloud
and
dagster-cloud-cli
and reinstalling seems to have fixed it. Thanks for the help confirming the involved package!
condagster 1
d
sweet -technically you probably only need dagster-cloud-cli for the CLI
šŸ‘šŸ» 1