Hi everyone, we are currently evaluating some alte...
# ask-community
y
Hi everyone, we are currently evaluating some alternatives to our current workflow management (AWS Step Functions), as Dagster seemed a good fit I'm still confused about the integration with other services Eg; We got tons of AWS batch, in Airflow world there is AWS batch operator, but whats the equivalent in Dagster ?
p
Hi Yefet. I’m not as familiar with the workflows using AWS Batch, but it looks like the airflow BatchOperator is a wrapper around boto to submit and wait for jobs. It doesn’t seem to difficult to adapt the
dagster_aws
library to encompass that functionality, but I’m having a hard time imagining what the development and operational workflow looks like. Can you describe what the ideal orchestration workflow looks like?
y
@prha Thank you for the answer, perhaps this is something I can help with? Also for my initial question the team prefer a fully managed service, and the one from dagster seem to be early access, what's the current state so far?
p
Yes, would definitely encourage contributions to the
dagster_aws
if you are up for it. Re: Dagster Cloud, yes there’s a waitlist for early access but you should definitely keep watch in the coming weeks for any changes to that.