#ask-community
Title
# ask-community
e

Erik Jacobson

06/22/2022, 10:31 PM
I'm trying to leverage
GraphDefinition
to generate some database-configured graphs, and am struggling to understand how I can have them defined in a way where they will update within my workspace/repo whenever the database updates. Is this something that's possible?
🤖 1
d

daniel

06/23/2022, 1:40 AM
Hi Erik - the answer here is a little bit different depending on whether you're running your code in your own gRPC server or not. If you're not running your own gRPC, you can reload your code by going to the workspace tab in Dagit and pressing Reload next to the repository location with your code in it. If you're running your own grpc server with your code in it, you'll need to restart that process - Dagit will automatically pick up any changes. In both cases what's happening under the hood is that the process that loaded your code will restart and reload the definitions from your database.
s

sandy

06/23/2022, 2:57 PM
@daniel - if I understand Erik's question, he'd like to do this reloading automatically. Do you know whether there's a graphql endpoint he can hit? Is this easier in Cloud?
d

daniel

06/23/2022, 2:58 PM
This is easier if dagster is managing the gRPC server for you - which is always true in cloud and is true in OSS if the server is running locally in dagit
there is a reloadRepositoryLocation graphql endpoint he can hit