When trying to import `DataLakeServiceClient` usin...
# ask-community
b
When trying to import
DataLakeServiceClient
using
from azure.storage.filedatalake import DataLakeServiceClient
I get the following error:
File "/tmp/tmpqxk27irl/cashback_spark/utilities/service_client.py", line 4, in <module>
from azure.storage.filedatalake import DataLakeServiceClient
File "/databricks/python_shell/dbruntime/PythonPackageImportsInstrumentation/__init__.py", line 158, in import_patch
original_result = python_builtin_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)
File "/databricks/python/lib/python3.8/site-packages/azure/storage/filedatalake/__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
from ._download import StorageStreamDownloader
File "/databricks/python_shell/dbruntime/PythonPackageImportsInstrumentation/__init__.py", line 158, in import_patch
File "/databricks/python/lib/python3.8/site-packages/azure/storage/filedatalake/_download.py", line 7, in <module>
from ._models import FileProperties
File "/databricks/python/lib/python3.8/site-packages/azure/storage/filedatalake/_models.py", line 18, in <module>
from azure.storage.blob._generated.models import StorageErrorException
ImportError: cannot import name 'StorageErrorException' from 'azure.storage.blob._generated.models' (/databricks/python/lib/python3.8/site-packages/azure/storage/blob/_generated/models/__init__.py)
This was working before, so I guess there has been some kind of misintegration of any of the latest releases?
j
Hmm odd. Maybe there’s a compatibility issue between your databricks and azure client versions? Surfacing to the rest of the team incase anyone is familiar
j
looks like azure did a python sdk release 9 hours ago so it could be a version incompatibility. still looking to see if anyone else is reporting an issue
😮 1
b
Thanks for your help! How can I tackle that azure's release?
j
i'd probably start by manually downgrading
azure-storage
and seeing if the error goes away just to be sure that it's on azure's end
👍 1
b
It went as it came.... Did nothing and solved it 😄