Hello again :smile:. Was there any update on Dags...
# ask-community
m
Hello again 😄. Was there any update on Dagster m1 Mac support? Right now I'm using the terminal workaround found in the docs - which is good in a pinch, but it would really make things easier to use if I could use my pycharm+debugger. Right now I'm having to make do with ipdb when I test on the terminal - its really not ideal.
j
Hi @Matthew Karas I don't know of any plans to cross compile dagster so it works natively with M1 (@sandy do you know?). To make your debuging workflow a bit easier I imagine there is a way to set up the pycharm debugger to use the rosetta translator. I know there is a way for vscode, let me do a quick google if i can find the corresponding feature for pycharm
this might be what you're looking for? I'll admit though, i've never used pycharm so it's harder to tell at a glance https://intellij-support.jetbrains.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360010485779-is-it-possible-to-run-the-terminal-through-rosetta-for-arm-
s
@alex would know better than me. The Dagster library itself is M1-compatible, but we might have a dependency (grpcio?) that's not?
m
Ugh - the python gods do not want me to do this. I use poetry - went in - and manually built grcpio.... but then the test complained about other dependencies being x86. To be honest I wish I didn't have M1 at this point.