I’m missing logs from one of my dependencies. I ma...
# ask-community
j
I’m missing logs from one of my dependencies. I make a call using a method from one my third-party dependencies and it eventually errors out, but it’s not clear exactly how because the dependency is calling it’s own logger like so:
cls._get_logger().error(str(ex))
but whatever it logs is not picked up by dagster. It errors later on when the object in question is identified as
None
. How do I get my dependency’s logger messages to display in the Dagit UI?
🤖 1
r
cc @owen
o
hi @Josh Lloyd , I don't think there's an easy way for dagster to capture logs that are produced that way into the event log. where is this code running at the moment (local machine, docker container, cluster of some sort)? if you have a compute log manager set up, it's possible that the full logging output might have been captured in the compute logs pane (which captures stdout/stderr), but if it's not there then unfortunately I think the best option would be to go view the logs directly wherever the code was being run.
happy to help debug further though
j
gotcha. thanks for the help. It’s being run in a docker container on my local machine so I just had to make some manual tweaks to the code to get it to log what I needed to before reverting it back to its original state. I didn’t see anything in the raw compute logs unfortunately, but this is good to know for future reference. Thanks!