Hi everyone! I make an easy-start data pipeline be...
# ask-community
o
Hi everyone! I make an easy-start data pipeline between 2 DB with dagster and now I've facing with problem about DAGSTER_HOME env. I already did env and dagster.yaml empty file, but error didnt leave me. I use windows and Pycharm. Please, help me, I spend an hours for this trouble((
🤖 1
s
Hi Oleg, When you say “easy-start data pipeline” do you mean something like an experimental pipeline with a small amount of code? If so, would you mind sharing that code here? Thanks.
o
Hi, Sean! Thank you for your answer. I mean that in "easy-start pipeline" code is not relevant, because I have trouble with "dagster-daemon run" command. The pipeline is work when I launc it through dagit interface, its ok
Right now I get following error: dagster.core.errors.DagsterInvariantViolationError: $DAGSTER_HOME "C:\Users\Oleg\.dagster\dagster_home\dagster.yaml" is not a directory or does not exist . Dagster requires this environment variable to be set to an existing directory in your filesystem
s
Thanks for clarifying. When you say “I already did env and dagster.yaml empty file”, are you saying that you have set the
DAGSTER_HOME
environment variable? By the way , unfortunately I’m not very familiar with how environment variables work on windows.
o
Sean, you can congratulate me!!! I did it, ha-ha, now Im happy! Thank you so much! I write path environment variables with 2 mistakes: 1. The right slash is "/" , the "\" was wrong 2. The path for home_dagster is directory where yaml file in, while I did a path directly for yaml file. That was wrong (.../home_dagster/dagster.yaml instead of .../home_dagster)
🙌 1