Hi Dagster, I'm stepping through a graph in a unit...
# ask-community
m
Hi Dagster, I'm stepping through a graph in a unit test and a debugger and the docs aren't really helping. I've called an op to return a result into a graph - but the type is InvokedSolidOutputHandle - what is that? I can't seem to find docs on it anywhere - nor can I see to get the actual return value of the op. Could someone direct me to the documentation for InvokedSolidOutputHandle as an output from an OP and how to see that it has the right data?
🤖 1
s
Hi Matthew, Would you mind sharing a code snippet?
m
I'll try to work on an anonymized version.
s
Just following up on this-- are you still struggling with these questions? BTW `InvokedSolidOutputHandle`is encountered when ops are being composed into a graph, not during op execution. You don’t see it in our docs because it’s not user-facing-- just an intermediate abstraction used internally when building pipelines. You’ll see a lot of private abstractions like this if you step through using a debugger (as you’re likely to with any orchestration library).
m
It just sounds like you can't debug the output of an op while you're in a graph stepping through. If that's the case then that's the case.
Thanks for the help!