https://dagster.io/ logo
#ask-community
Title
# ask-community
b

Bernardo Cortez

05/19/2022, 5:42 PM
Hi there! I have some sensors listening to ADLS tables' partitions. They were working, but the policies of the system I am connecting to changed and now I am no longer allowed to access it via a proxy (whose endpoints I had configured in the pyspark step_launcher code). I am getting this error message in dagit:
dagster.core.errors.DagsterUserCodeUnreachableError: Could not reach user code server
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster/daemon/sensor.py", line 319, in execute_sensor_iteration
sensor_debug_crash_flags,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster/daemon/sensor.py", line 354, in _evaluate_sensor
state.instigator_data.cursor if state.instigator_data else None,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster/core/host_representation/repository_location.py", line 759, in get_external_sensor_execution_data
cursor,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster/api/snapshot_sensor.py", line 61, in sync_get_external_sensor_execution_data_grpc
cursor=cursor,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster/grpc/client.py", line 300, in external_sensor_execution
sensor_execution_args
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster/grpc/client.py", line 119, in _streaming_query
raise DagsterUserCodeUnreachableError("Could not reach user code server") from e
The above exception was caused by the following exception:
grpc._channel._MultiThreadedRendezvous: <_MultiThreadedRendezvous of RPC that terminated with:
status = StatusCode.DEADLINE_EXCEEDED
details = "Deadline Exceeded"
debug_error_string = "{"created":"@1652981788.058675355","description":"Error received from peer unix:/tmp/tmp8ty0e16s","file":"src/core/lib/surface/call.cc","file_line":1066,"grpc_message":"Deadline Exceeded","grpc_status":4}"
>
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dagster/grpc/client.py", line 117, in _streaming_query
yield from response_stream
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/grpc/_channel.py", line 426, in next
return self._next()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/grpc/_channel.py", line 826, in _next
raise self
Has someone faced this issue? Thanks! 🙂
j

johann

05/19/2022, 8:24 PM
Sensors have a 60 second limit for their evaluation function, looks like yours is running in to that
👍 1
One recommended pattern is to push more of the work in to the kicked off job where possible