Hi team, I have a dagster job scheduled on my loca...
# ask-community
h
Hi team, I have a dagster job scheduled on my local windows machine. Sometimes when my laptop was off the scheduled run was missed. How do I achieve the following two? 1. If a scheduled job run was miss due to my machine was not on, execute the job once the machine(dagit/dagster) is on again. 2. If I miss multiple runs, I only want to re-execute the most recent missed run. For 1, maybe I can use sensor right? For 2 , is it achievable? Thank you.
🤖 1
j
Hey @Henry - for 1: using a sensor seems reasonable. I haven't thought about how you would do a specific implementation but it seems doable. For 2: is your schedule set up as part of a partition or are just using the schedule to run a job with no partitions? If there are no partitions involved, then in the sensor you write for #1, you can just yield a single RunRequest and that will mimic running the schedule only once. If you are using partitions, you can probably also just yield a single RunRequest, but you may need to ado a bit more work to determine the partition bounds you want to use for execution
💯 1