Resource Details in Engine Event I've written cus...
# ask-community
s
Resource Details in Engine Event I've written custom resource for several components used in my jobs. I notice that there in an
ENGINE_EVENT
displaying all resource instantiated at the beginning of a job run with instantiation times (nice!) - see attached screenshot from dagit. I noticed that the resource type behaves like a hyperlink, although it's just a
span
. Also there is a dash with nothing after it - suggesting that there could be something after the dash... I tried providing
__str()__
and
__repr()__
on my custom resources hoping that I could provide some runtime info about the resources that would show up in the
ENGINE_EVENT
. Is there some way to inspect a resource in dagit post-instantiation?
z
It's not exactly what you're looking for, but I've achieved some similar functionality through adding my own ENGINE_EVENTs, although it seems that this API isn't necessarily made to be used in this manner from within ops: https://dagster.slack.com/archives/C01U954MEER/p1649869900227799?thread_ts=1649847231.465009&cid=C01U954MEER you might be able to do the same from within a resource initialization block to get an effect similar to what you're looking for.
👍 1
a
@Dagster Bot issue resource init metadata improvements
d