And somewhat related, do assets created via a `Ass...
# ask-community
s
And somewhat related, do assets created via a
AssetMaterialization
behave differently/have different attributes than software defined assets? I use
AssetMaterialization
with a partition but I don't see anything about the partitions when looking at the asset's page. I'm also including an
AssetObservation
with a partition but the chart for it is based on run time not on the partitions as I'd expect
s
The behavior you're experiencing is basically because we haven't yet added certain partitioning-related affordances to the asset details page for assets that aren't software-defined
There's no fundamental reason they can't be added, but the semantics and performance are tricky when you don't know the expected set of partitions for the asset ahead of time
s
Thanks for the info @sandy, all clear. I'll do some tests with software defined assets to get a feel for what is shown in that case. It would be nice to have the same kind of UI for "manually" materialized assets, but I can also understand it comes with some more uncertainty.
I guess somewhat related to the subject we discussed before another way around this would be if we could have a software defined asset in a job that depends on and is depended on by Ops. That way we could use a software defined asset instead of having to materialize it in a Op.