Getting this error message when I go to run a pipe...
# ask-community
g
Getting this error message when I go to run a pipeline with composite solid and dynamic outputs (dynamic outputs feed into the composite solid). The pipeline plan is rendered fine and I've executed a pipeline which is only subtly different before (not sure what the subtle difference is).
Copy code
dagster.check.CheckError: Failure condition: unexpected error in composition descent during plan building 
  File "/opt/dagster/pipelines/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/dagster/grpc/impl.py", line 342, in get_external_execution_plan_snapshot
    create_execution_plan(
  File "/opt/dagster/pipelines/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/dagster/core/execution/api.py", line 720, in create_execution_plan
    return ExecutionPlan.build(
  File "/opt/dagster/pipelines/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/dagster/core/execution/plan/plan.py", line 877, in build
    return plan_builder.build()
  File "/opt/dagster/pipelines/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/dagster/core/execution/plan/plan.py", line 169, in build
    self._build_from_sorted_solids(
  File "/opt/dagster/pipelines/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/dagster/core/execution/plan/plan.py", line 234, in _build_from_sorted_solids
    step_input_source = get_step_input_source(
  File "/opt/dagster/pipelines/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/dagster/core/execution/plan/plan.py", line 496, in get_step_input_source
    check.failed("unexpected error in composition descent during plan building")
  File "/opt/dagster/pipelines/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/dagster/check/__init__.py", line 119, in failed
    raise CheckError("Failure condition: {desc}".format(desc=desc))
j
cc @alex
a
hmm, will need some more information to figure this one out. • maybe download the debug file and send it over • any chance can you narrow down the difference? • sending the code that builds up the pipeline in question may help, a minimal repro would be ideal but may be a lot of work
g
@alex sorry just had to get the piece of work done however possible but plan on going back to reproduce/understand soon.