Hey team, I am evaluating Dagster to be used withi...
# ask-community
p
Hey team, I am evaluating Dagster to be used within my org. I am currently exploring of having separate user code and dagit deployment by following this guide (https://docs.dagster.io/master/deployment/guides/kubernetes/customizing-your-deployment#separately-deploying-dagster-infrastructure-and-user-code) . One question, is there a way to add workspace or repository without having to configure the dagit deployment? It seems that dagit deployment need to know all repository servers beforehand.
a
the dagit deployment needs to know the user code deployments, but the repositories within the user code deploy can change freely
p
Thanks for the clarification. All pipelines within a repository will have same python environment and dependencies, that means if I am developing new pipeline with different set of dependencies. I’ll need to create new repository, am I correct on this one?
a
Technically a different “repository location” which is equivalent to a different entry in the
load_from:
list in the workspace A given “repository location” corresponds to one python environment. It can have N repositories within it, though the common case is 1.
p
@alex What would be the recommended approach if I have many pipelines with different dependencies? If I have 100 pipelines with different dependency, that means I need 100 repository location. I believe each repository location also translate to one user-code deployment.
a
yea if the dependencies conflict and need to be in different environments, than you will have the 100 user code deploys as you said.
p
I see. Can you point me to the interface exposed by user-code deployment to the dagit? I was wondering whether it’s possible to mimic user-code deployment.
For context, I am evaluating dagster to be used within my org and wondering what would be the best multi tenancy model.
a
p
Thanks @alex!