Hi, is there a way to run a schedule programmatica...
# ask-community
d
Hi, is there a way to run a schedule programmatically from user-code (that defines the schedule)? I read here (https://docs.dagster.io/concepts/partitions-schedules-sensors/schedules#running-the-scheduler) that the schedule needs to be started/stopped from dagit or via dagster schedule start/stop commands
d
Hi Dipit - when you say 'run a schedule' do you mean to start the schedule, like to do the same thing as flipping the toggle in dagit?
d
Yes
d
we were just talking the other day about how it would be nice for some use cases to be able to configure some schedules in code as 'always on' (cc @sashank @cat @prha)
d
So I assume that is not supported yet
d
We don't have a great python API for this currently, no. I'll file an issue though because I don't think it would be very difficult to build and this is not the first time it's come up recently
d
Sure, thanks for the information. Yes, it would be great to have this capability.
d
Hi Dipit - this thread is very old, but just letting you know that this is now possible in the 0.14.0 release that just went live :)