Hello.... I upgraded my agent to `1.0.3` and wante...
# dagster-plus
j
Hello.... I upgraded my agent to
and wanted to use my existing agent for branch deployments (I have a separate environment than production). However, the env
DAGSTER_CLOUD_DEPLOYMENT_NAME
is showing up as `a725e19f`…
which also happens to be the last random value at the end of my deployment.
(if this helps, I was on the beta and I made no changes except no longer using a dedicated agent for branching)
all other values seem to be coming in correctly e.g.
DAGSTER_CLOUD_IS_BRANCH_DEPLOYMENT=1
b
Hi Jason, just to make sure, you’re seeing the
DEPLOYMENT_NAME
not match what you expect? That looks like one of the autogenerated names of a branch deployment
j
yeah @ben I was expecting it to be
staging
(i have a staging and prod dagster cloud deployment)
b
It should be matching the name of the deployment which the code location and/or run is associated with. If you have one agent serve e.g. staging and branch deployments, the staging code locations should have
staging
and the branches the autogenerated names, e.g. (
a725…
)
If it would be helpful to have a separate env var which just provides the main deployment that the agent is serving (so,
staging
regardless of branch/non-branch context), that’s something we could look into adding
j
hmmmm, I see. I guess I could then just use
DAGSTER_CLOUD_IS_BRANCH_DEPLOYMENT
and know it's staging, then I wouldn't need a separate env - more like an implicit answer I guess and then for "local" dev work the env won't exist so that's my signal we're local.
Okay.... what you said makes sense, I just thought it's purpose was for branching but i guess the intent is that people don't really need a "staging" deployment