I’m trying to experiment with cloud branch deploym...
# dagster-plus
k
I’m trying to experiment with cloud branch deployment and am running into an
UnauthorizedError
I’m manually invoking
dagster-cloud branch-deployment create-or-update
as I’m not using github. I’ve tried with both agent tokens and my user token (I’m an org admin). Any ideas on things to check/try? Right now I’m using a user token configured with
dagster-cloud config setup
and am able to interact with other parts of the cloud environment without error.
Copy code
Exception: Unable to create or update branch deployment: {'data': {'createOrUpdateBranchDeployment': {'__typename': 'UnauthorizedError'}}}
a
which version are you on?
k
Dagster Cloud version: 0.15.8
a
hmm,, can you provide some more details about how exactly you are invoking the command (secret values redacted) ? its possible there is a missing piece of routing information manifesting as
UnauthorizedError
k
Here is the command I am using. I’m guessing a bit at values as I’m not sure what is expected as the only example I can find is the github actions.
Copy code
dagster-cloud branch-deployment create-or-update --git-repo-name dagster-sandbox --branch-name devbranchtest --commit-hash 8223aa7a5e2f4e59cb3bfa812a46d2db50391c2c --timestamp 1659447717
I tried with the full url to the private Azure DevOps repo and with just a bare repo name, everything I’ve tried gets the same error.
a
try adding
--organization firebend
oh actually the issue might be that you have not had the feature flag enabled, how did you learn about the feature?
k
Shaun McAvinney (my sales contact)
The --organization didn’t have an effect
a
ok we flipped the bit on our end to enable it for your org - lets see if that does it
apologies for rocky start - some internal process/communications hiccups for this new feature
k
That seemed to have done it! Thanks much. No worries here, thanks for being responsive and helping figure it out! Now I have to figure out how to use it lol
a
if you are feeling generous, please send over some notes on how that adventure goes
k
Sure thing!