https://dagster.io/ logo
Title
s

Spencer Guy

10/08/2022, 3:16 PM
Hi again! Looking for some guidance on how to submit run requests from outside of dagit via direct API call or something similar. My dagster setup is on ec2 in a multi container environment using docker-compose. I'm essentially looking to enable another internal application to be able to submit runs, similiar to how I would in the launchpad/playground section but outside of the dagit/dagster containers
z

Zach

10/08/2022, 7:09 PM
yes, you can have another application submit jobs to your dagster instance. if it's external to your EC2 instance then you'll need to make sure the correct ports and networking rules are in place to allow the communication from the outside. beyond that you can use the python graphql client to submit the requests, or really any HTTP request mechanism (for example, my team has a scala webserver that sends graphql requests to our dagster instance over HTTP to submit runs and view their statuses).
s

Spencer Guy

10/08/2022, 10:11 PM
Awesome, I think this is what I was looking for! Didn't realize you could make run request with the GraphQL client, I thought it was just for reading data. Thanks, I'll read through the docs on this