Why do I keep getting this error when trying to ad...
# dagster-serverless
c
Why do I keep getting this error when trying to add "from dagster_dbt import dbt_cloud_resource, dbt_cloud_run_op, load_assets_from_dbt_project " I am trying to connect dbt cloud to dagster serverless . I am struggling with the initial setup, any help is much appreciated.
d
Hi charles - that error is indicating that the dagster-dbt package needs to be included. You can add it by adding "dagster-dbt" to list of installed packages here (assuming you cloned the quickstart repo): https://github.com/dagster-io/dagster-cloud-serverless-quickstart/blob/main/setup.py#L9
c
Thanks a lot, it worked like a charm. Yes I am using dagster clound serverless quickstart.
Also can you let me know how I can build the pipeline using the models in dbt cloud. I have loaded the assets as per the documentation
Sorry, this might be a noob question, I am completly new to the tool.
d
This example might be useful for getting started there: https://docs.dagster.io/integrations/dbt/using-dbt-with-dagster/part-two
r
Hey Charles - just to clarify, our library does not currently have out-of-the-box support for generating models in dbt Cloud as software-defined assets. We currently support this for dbt Core only. This is actually coming in our release this week! So stay tuned 🙂
c
Ok now i am confused. I have build the models in dbt cloud (SQL codes) . Is it possible for me to execute it through dagster serverless cloud?
r
You can execute your dbt Cloud models through dagster serverless. You can follow this guide here: https://docs.dagster.io/integrations/dbt-cloud. But this is task based orchestration. Our changes this week will allow you to understand your dbt Cloud models in an asset based orchestration model (we’ll generate the software-defined assets on your behalf).
c
Will it be possible for me to have a call with someoen, I have connected dbt cloud but I am stuck at next step. It probably wont take much time for you to set it up
I have added the schedule as per the documentation shared, but why cant I see the schedule in the UI? I am using the dagster_starer repo. I have added the code to init file in assets folder. I dont see it in the UI.
r
In the overview menu, you should be able to view your schedules. What you’re looking at is scheduled runs for the future. Since you haven’t enabled your schedule yet, there are no future ticks.
c
Copy code
default_status=DefaultScheduleStatus.RUNNING
the documentation says to give the above for scheduled status
but when I give it , the deployment is failing.
r
what error are you encountering? did you import the object first?
Copy code
from dagster import DefaultScheduleStatus
c
I imported again and now the error is gone, The file are loaded fine, but I dont see the schedule in the UI. Maybe I am missing something very basic , but cant figure it out
Thanks a lot daniel, got it working. "from .assets import my_repo" had to just add a . before assets. Thanks a lot again for the awesome support
d
Ah great! Glad it’s working