Hi all, I tried to upgrade from 1.0.6 to 1.0.17, d...
# ask-community
a
Hi all, I tried to upgrade from 1.0.6 to 1.0.17, deployed in Docker, with MySQL 8.0 storage backend (also running in Docker). In Dagit, when I go to
Overview -> Schedules
, I got the following exception. I also tried 1.0.16, got the same error. I also tried to have a fresh MySQL - still that same error. Going back to 1.0.6 then there's no issue.
Copy code
Operation name: SingleScheduleQuery

Message: (mysql.connector.errors.ProgrammingError) 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INTERSECT SELECT run_tags.run_id 
FROM run_tags 
WHERE run_tags.`key` = '.dagste' at line 5
[SQL: SELECT runs.id, runs.run_body, runs.status, runs.create_timestamp, runs.update_timestamp, runs.start_time, runs.end_time 
FROM runs 
WHERE runs.run_id IN (SELECT run_tags.run_id 
FROM run_tags 
WHERE run_tags.`key` = %(key_1)s AND run_tags.value = %(value_1)s INTERSECT SELECT run_tags.run_id 
FROM run_tags 
WHERE run_tags.`key` = %(key_2)s AND run_tags.value = %(value_2)s) ORDER BY runs.id DESC 
 LIMIT %(param_1)s]
[parameters: {'key_1': 'dagster/schedule_name', 'value_1': 'segment_legacy_schedule', 'key_2': '.dagster/repository', 'value_2': 'analytx_assets_repo@generic2', 'param_1': 1}]
(Background on this error at: <https://sqlalche.me/e/14/f405>)

Path: ["scheduleOrError","scheduleState","runs"]

Locations: [{"line":16,"column":9}]
Here is how I create the repository with schedules:
Copy code
@repository
def analytx_assets_repo():
    return [
        with_resources(
            load_assets_from_package_module(assets),
            resource_defs=get_env_resources(deployment_env),
        ),

build_schedule_from_partitioned_job(hour_of_day=3, minute_of_hour=0, job=define_asset_job(
            name="segment_legacy", partitions_def=daily_partitions, tags= ..., selection=...),
Is this a bug, or something in my code which isn't compatible with 1.0.16? Thanks
m
Might be worth double checking the exact version of MySQL 8.0 you are running? INTERSECT was only added in 8.0.31, which was released on 2022-10-11.
c
Yep, updating to 8.0.31 should fix the issue!
a
Thanks. A dump question, is there an option which doesn't require upgrading MySQL? I'm using AWS RDS MySQL, and until now, only 8.0.23 is available.
m
I think if you were to rewrite your query to not use INTERSECT, it should work just fine.
a
That query is not part of our code. I couldn't find it in Dagit's code in Github either. I guess it's in some library that Dagit uses.
c
This code made it in in version 1.0.14, you could downgrade to 1.0.13 until AWS supports this, or modify your dagster library to avoid using this change. Unfortunately no built-in way to avoid using this query though
a
Thanks Claire. That helps.