This release requires db migration, how is this db...
# dagster-releases
b
This release requires db migration, how is this db migration supposed to be handled in Kubernetes environments ? Higher environments have limitation where direct access to
dagster
command might not be available
q
dagster-dbt
now supports generating software-defined assets from your dbt Cloud jobs.
Any examples in the docs on how this is done?
s
@Qwame we're working on re-vamping the dbt Cloud guide, but you'll want to use
Copy code
dbt_cloud_assets = load_assets_from_dbt_cloud_job(
  dbt_cloud = dbt_cloud_resource, 
  job_id = 1234
)
q
@Sean Lopp Thank you! this works. Is there a reason why this only loads the assets but does not show the dependencies between the assets loaded from dbt cloud?
load_assets_from_dbt_manifest
and
load_assets_from_dbt_project
both appear to bring the query and other metadata about the dbt assets but this one doesn't do that. Was this removed on purpose?
s
Freshness policy UI is slick! Is there an out of the box way to trigger Slack alerts based on Freshness violations?
r
@Qwame I’ll follow up with you, sent a DM!
c
I love the
.env
feature - would be great if it also looked there for the
DAGSTER_HOME
variable
s
oh man, thanks for the callout on that @Casper Weiss Bang, that's great. can get rid of a bunch of
dotenv run
calls now
c
Haha yeah i was this close to adding a yaml config file last week. Glad i didn't 😄
(but the one fature with the `DAGSTER_HOME`sortof breaks the epicness for me
r
The guide for dbt Cloud is out now: https://docs.dagster.io/master/integrations/dbt-cloud
d
"dagster-dbt now supports generating software-defined assets from your dbt Cloud jobs" 🙌 Will this allow subsetting in use? For example if one job has 10 assets but I describe a job based on software defined assets that uses 5 of these, will it be able to use dbt cloud to just run the 5?
r
it’s subsetting support is not out yet, but coming this week
excited 1
here’s what i posted in #tools-dagster on the dbt slack:
We’ll be supporting a whole list of features in the next 1-2 weeks of releases including:
• Support for asset partitions
• Support for subsetting (you’ll be able to materialize individual assets from your dbt Cloud job 👀)
• Arbitrary group names/prefixes/asset keys for your generated assets
• And much more!! Let us know if you have any feedback 🙂
❤️ 1
👍 1