Passing along a question from <@U03TGC9G1T6> - is ...
# ask-community
d
Passing along a question from @Frederik Hagelund - is there a way to set op level timeouts? We've got a problem where ops sometimes hang and keep running for hours and hours, is there a way to set them to terminate after a period?
I did a little digging on this, we don’t support op-level timeouts. here’s a long lived issue on GH which hasn’t been prioritized yet. https://github.com/dagster-io/dagster/issues/3666
the good news, as I mentioned on Zendesk, is that these hanging ops won’t impact your bill, we don’t include ops which don’t have an stop-time in your final sum
f
Hi @Dagster Jarred . Thank you for above. However after terminating the jobs (after hanging for 50 hours) i see them under the cumulative minutes? Will they not be included in the Bill still? When will i be invoiced. I only see an invoice from 1 sept to 1 okt under invoices.
d
Did you manually terminate the jobs, or did they just fail? They shouldn't be attributed to the usage unless they have step-end events. I'll follow up on your invoice question Cc @rex could his ops/jobs show up in usage and bills if he manually terminates a job?
f
I manually terminated it, since it would never have finished. It was just caught in constant running.
d
hey fredrik, i think in this case because it was manually terminated and below a certain threshhold, it did end up on your usage bill. can you send me a link to the particular run where this anomalous op ran? i’ll adjust your bill
@rex Any updates here on the invoices missing 🙂
r
Hey, sorry for the delay in this. we’re looking to get this resolved for you, but the corrected invoices might not come until the beginning of next month, after the holidays.
d
hey Fredrik, we haven’t forgotten about this, we need to generate the prior invoices and will be doing that this week