Hi guys, I have trouble trying to use define_asset...
# integration-dbt
l
Hi guys, I have trouble trying to use define_asset_job to find specific DBT model to run, only "*" and specific single asset "my_first_dbt_model" while i want to to run the whole "example" model. After lots of time spent on reading document, I find writing job using dbt_run_op() with dbt_cli_resource works fine. However, they are in old document, so I am a bit scared of them being depreciated.
r
Just to clarify,
dbt_run_op
and
dbt_cli_resource
will not be deprecated. Although our APIs come with software-defined assets out of the box, we will still support the job/op/graph paradigm.
❤️ 1
I am having trouble understanding what problem you are running into though. Do you only want to materialize the
example
model in your dbt project?
l
glad to know it would still be supported 😄 and yes, my problem is that I am trying to write a job and schedule to run the
example
model in my project, but the selection is a bit ambiguous so I am still reading around to understand which keyword needs to go in 😞
r
the interface takes in a dbt selection string, so whatever you pass into something like
dbt run --select {SELECTION STRING}
should go there
l
humm I thought of that before and tested but it failed, let's me try again tomorrow 😮 many thanks for your support
r
ok - if you run into errors, post the stacktrace here and we can help diagnose what’s happening
l
okie got it 🙏